Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hollywood Baby Shower Cake

One of my favoritest people in the world requested this cake for one of her sorors (DST). I met Alexiss through Evelyn Graves Ministries many, many moons ago. We both graduated from the school founded by Evelyn Graves and also were involved in the drama ministry as well. She is one of 3 beautiful sisters. I went from seeing them every day to not seeing them at all when I went off to school (Shhhh... I'm a bit older than they are). We reconnected through Facebook and Alexiss has become one of my biggest fans!

The theme for the baby shower was Hollywood. She and the baby shower shower committee trusted me to make this cake to reflect their vision. They were very open to the slight changes to their original cake desing I suggested. I love it when there is some flexibility! The cake is a yellow cake with fresh strawberry filling and chocolate cake with oreo cream filling. From what I was told there wasn't any left! Everything on the cake is edible except for the wire holding the stars.

It is always an absolute pleasure working with her. If I ever needed a boost of self confidence...all I'd ever have to do is think about all of her kind words. Love ya Lexi!

No comments:

Post a Comment