Friday, November 19, 2010

Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi

My finished product!
In addition to baking sweets, I also love to make savory dishes. Ask my hips...they'll tell you it's true.  ;) I was taken to the Cheesecake Factory for my 9th 29th birthday last year. *Ahem*...Anyway, I ordered the shrimp scampi and Oooh Eeeem, Geeee, did I fall in love with it. I scoured the internet for hours until I found the recipe that I thought was closest to their amazing dish. This is what I found. I've added pictures below chronicling my first attempt at this scampi. I also added a few notes to the recipe it for the things that I "tweaked". It turned out wonderfully. I also made a Vanilla Bean White Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. I'll post that recipe soon.


Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi
1 Lb. Extra Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined ( I like to use a little more)
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Parmesean Cheese (can use Kraft or fresh grated)
1/4 tsp. salt (I added a 1/2 tsp salt and then added more to taste one I cooked the dish)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2-6 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Large Plum Tomato Diced
8-10 Whole Cloves Garlic, Peeled
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Dry White Wine-Don't skimp on the wine. Use one of quality
1/2 Large Lemon Juiced (Pay attention to this. I used a whole lemon and it was AWFUL the first time I made it)
1/4 tsp. dried basil
Angel Hair Pasta Cooked Al Dente


Soak shrimp in milk for 15 minutes.

Heat 2 Tbs. Olive Oil in large sauce pan over medium high heat.  Combine flour, parmesean, salt, pepper and cayenne in medium bowl.  Dredge the shrimp in this mixture, making sure it is well coated.

Fry shrimp along with whole garlic in oil until shrimp are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.  Add more oil as neccessary.  Remove cooked shrimp and set aside.

 Leave garlic in pan being careful to stir frequently to avoid burning.
This was my second round of garlic. I burned the first ones.

When all the shrimp are cooked, add wine and lemon juice to the garlic in the pan and bring to a boil.


Turn heat to low and let wine reduce by 1/2.  Add cream and bring back  to a boil, turn heat to low and reduce by 1/2.  Add basil and tomato. Cook for a minute or so to slightly soften tomatoes.  Season with salt to taste.  Remove from heat.  Sauce will thicken upon standing.
 
Serve sauce over pasta and place shrimp on top.




Recipe found on  http://miami.momslikeme.com/members/JournalActions.aspx?g=189405&m=176609&grpcat

No comments:

Post a Comment