Saturday, January 1, 2011

Iron Man Cake

Vanilla cake with buttercream frosting.
Covered in fondant. Top part is hand painted
It is still very hard for me to believe that my little cousin, Leah, has a son. It is even harder for me to believe that her son is now six. I remember when I first laid eyes on Leah. My Aunt Denna was holding her. She immediatly became  my little baby doll. Couldn't get enough of her. I loved to do her hair, dress her up and hold her.

When she had her son, I felt the same way about him. Love at first sight.  They stayed with me for several weeks during one summer and I was so very sad to see them go. This is why...in the middle of my Christmas rush and preparing to travel 8 hours to NC for a funeral  at 4 am, I stayed up all night making this cake for "D-Man".

No comments:

Post a Comment